Started Oct 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
D700man
Regular MemberPosts: 246
Like?
D700 to D600 users......talk to me!
Oct 4, 2012

Its an option I'm looking at but not sure if I want to jump.  I'd like to keep the D700 but I don't think I'll be able to.  The D700 does a lot of things I love but color rendention and sharpness needs improvment.  I have downloaded presets/files for post processing and WB is always an issue. Sharpness is ok but would love to get more out of my lenses with a higher MP count.

One thing that I use a lot is selecting the metering and focus point on the fly with hard buttons.  Correct me if Im wrong but I'm going to lose that going to the D600 (or even D800)?

A little about me and what I do photography wise.

I photograph weddings and people 99.9% of the time.  My Alien Bees, trigger and backdrop get very little use for studio work.  I mostly just shoot outdoor lifestyle photography.

Sports is not something I do very often but when i do its of my daughters basketball or volleyball games and soon to be my son (he's 4yrs old).

Commercial, I do some but again very little of.  I have done a couple of billboards with my D700 with suprisingly great results and have done a few corporate website photos but again the photos were of staff, people.

I also have a bit of G.A.S. (Gear Aquisition Syndrome) for the new and lastest and greatest.  D800 looks great but the file size is going to kill my PC.  D600 again looks great but not sure on the girth and heavy dutyness of the system....I've never held it.

I don't do a lot of weddings.  Maybe 5 a year.  I do numerous family, senior high school, couples, engagement sessions a year.  Probably in the 100's.  Not too bad for have a seperate daytime job.

-- hide signature --

www.brentpearcy.com

Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow