Sony A99 vs Nikon D600 First high iso comparison

Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
JohnBee
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,966
Like?
Re: Sony A99 vs Nikon D600 First high iso comparison
In reply to Ma55l, Oct 4, 2012

Ma55l wrote:

Understood - but you don't mention high iso noise levels. The D600 comes in at almost 3,000 for that from the DXO site. It is the second highest level obtained from any camera that they have tested. That is the parameter that I was referring to and at iso  6400 - recheck the opening post. All you mention is at iso 50 and I am not concerned about that as all the cameras are terrific at iso 50. What separates the pack is how good it can be at high iso - in this case 6400. I feel the D600 will be 1-2 stops better than the A99. Reformulate your answer and prediction and lets see how close we are.

Hi Marrl

The SNR 18%: 44 @ ISO50 rating is with respect to high ISO noise performance. The Nikon D600 scores 45.4 @ ISO 80, whereas I predict the A99 will score at/or around 42 @ ISO80 respectively.

Which would be very close though not quite on par with the D600 in terms of noise performance. Then again... unlike anything any SLT camera has ever seen and so I think the A99 will do very well in terms of performance against the competition in that regard.

If it pans-out that is

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
typoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow