Nikon 10-24 anyone using?

Started Aug 16, 2012 | Discussions thread
Giovanni_1968
Senior MemberPosts: 1,352Gear list
Like?
Re: Air bubbles
In reply to kormendi_adam, Oct 4, 2012

I got one a week ago, still didn't use it the way it should be used neither I am good at shooting landscapes (no fantasy at all, looks like everything has already been done here with that kind of photography, waiting for some nice clouds to pop up but no hurry about that...), to me it looks like a nice lens, distortion is not too bad, the max aperture is not the same of the pro lenses but who cares, for landscaping it has enough aperture and I don't miss the VR (which I find not worth at all on such a short lens), construction is ok, nothing grand but also not the cheap one, if price is ok go for it, I got mine as the only DX lens in my small glass park but I know the day I wanna get rid of it there should be no problem into getting money out of it.

p.s. it is sharp and a bit cold, maybe because I am used to the old glasses I have like the 80-200D or the 35-70D and 50Df1.4 but for landscaping I don't mind more detail and less warmth

-- hide signature --

Giovanni - Fuji S5 and Panasonic L1 shooter
http://www.flickr.com/photos/giovanniaprea/

Giovanni_1968's gear list:Giovanni_1968's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Panasonic Lumix DMC-L1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow