Sony NEX-5R Touch Screen vs NEX-6 lack of touch screen?

Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
krasse
Junior MemberPosts: 35
Like?
Re: Sony NEX-5R Touch Screen vs NEX-6 lack of touch screen?
In reply to chillzatl, Oct 4, 2012

chillzatl wrote:

krasse wrote:

If I always would use E-mount lenses I might not value the touch-feature as high, but I chose the Nex system just because it gives me the option to use almost any manual lens on the market and thats why the I value the touchfocus highly...

how do you touch focus non E-mount lenses?

I don't focus with the touchscreen when using manual lenses. I focus manually with the help of peaking colors. But to pinpoint the focus it's almost necessary to magnify the part of the picture and thats where touchscreen wins.

With the touchscreen I can magnify and pinpoint the focus a lot faster than with the ordinary buttons. It saves invaluable seconds and makes all the difference between a perfect focused shot or a forever missed moment.

I'd rather have a touchscreen than a viewfinder, because the viewfinder is more valuable when adjusting exposure settings, but many times a picture with suboptimal exposure is possible to "rescue" (especially when shooting raw), but a missed focus isn't possible to rescue...
That's why I value the touchscreen so highly.

Besides...
It's just plain stupid building a camera with wifi and "app-support" but without touchscreen...

And I don't like to support or encourage stupidity...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow