ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Joerg V
Contributing MemberPosts: 581Gear list
Like?
Sigma Photo Pro... garglll
Oct 4, 2012

Hi,

on Friday with the my old laptop, I was happy with SPP. On a Lenovo T510 with 4GB and a Dual i7 and Windows XP, it was fun to use. Very fast on the DP1 raws.

Now I have a new laptop (old one is gone): a Lenovo T530 with 8GB, a 160GB SSD and a Quadcore i7 on Windows 64. Yesterday I used SPP and it was blindly fast: Opening a raw took 1-2 secs, all adjustments were instantly, the loupe was dashing and saving took less than two seconds. The world was bright and sunny.

Then came today. All of a sudden, SPP is sluggish... opening a picture is still fast and saving also is. But everything else crawls. The loupe updates once in a second(!). Every adjustment takes nearly a second. The CPUs are idle... all of them. Even my 7 years old AMD 3000+ is faster.

What the hell happened? Has everyone already made this experience?

I uninstalled + reinstalled SPP 4.2.2 and also tried 5.3.2. Loupe is very fast on 5.3.2. - adjustments are even slower than the already slow ones with 4.2.2.

The computer itself is fast... RawTherapee has pretty much instant response on D800 raws.

I still have 200 DP1 raws from two hiking tours but with this performance... no way.

Joerg

Joerg V's gear list:Joerg V's gear list
Sigma DP1 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM +3 more
Nikon D800 Samsung i7 Sigma DP1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow