Trouble with fall leaf colors

Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
baltimorecaesar
Regular MemberPosts: 274
Like?
Re: Trouble with fall leaf colors
In reply to cxsparc, Oct 4, 2012

cxsparc wrote:

...I am sure it is not an issue of WB because I always shoot JPG+RAW. I could move around the WB in Adobe PS anyway without improving it. Correcting it with the color sliders (what I did) results in the ground grass to be discolored, as can be seen in the second shot above. Manually selecting the tree leafs is rather difficult....

Just to clarify, are you trying to adjust the white balance in Photoshop?  If so, how are you bringing in the RAW file?  The reason I'm asking is that if you are just bringing in the out-of-camera JPG, you're locked into the white balance that was set by the camera.  RAW+JPG mode is good if you want a file that you are quickly able to work with, but if your WB isn't set correctly then your JPG is going to be basically worthless.  If you are processing the RAW file, then exporting a JPG that was generated directly from the RAW file using a program such as Lightroom and you still have issues with White Balance, then there is indeed a problem with either your camera or lens.

Forgive me if this all seems obvious, I'm just trying to figure out what's going on.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow