Started Oct 4, 2012 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hiro_pro
Regular MemberPosts: 255Gear list
Like?
used film camera just for fun
Oct 4, 2012

i was thinking about picking up an old film camera just for fun.  i would throw the body and a few rolls of film in my camera bag with my current kit.  i currently have a d7000 with a ton of newer AF FX lenses from nikon, tamron and sigma so i am hoping i can do this without a major investment.  I am looking for a used Nikon body.  it seems like everyone is blowing them out on ebay for less than $300.  I want a body that i can mount my current lenses on without damaging or modifying either the camera or the lens.  i do not mind manually focusing the lens.  i do this on occasion anyhow.  i figure i will use the film camera as a backup on special occasions when it is worth blowing a roll of film.  i also want a decent quality built in light meter (i dont want to have to go back and learn sunny 16 or some other rule) though i could always pre-meter the scene with my d7000 and shoot manual.  i like the look of the Nikon F2 or F3 but i was worried they may not accept my newer lenses.  some people have mentioned the F100 but i would feel safer with something that had fewer electronics.  what would you all recommend?   or are there any websites that make might help me make a better decision?

-- hide signature --

d7000
tamron 17-50 f2.8
sigma 70-200 f2.8

hiro_pro's gear list:hiro_pro's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +4 more
ANSWER:
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow