Started Oct 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
srk7900
Junior MemberPosts: 34Gear list
Like?
Really want a K-5 but...
Oct 4, 2012

Hello all, new to the forum and I'm looking for some advice.  I'm looking into getting a new camera and have read nothing but good things about Pentax.  Only problem is that there isn't a single camera shop within reasonable distance that sells Pentax.  The guys I've talked to in local shops seem to want to steer me away from Pentax due to frequent changes in ownership.  Is this really something to be concerned about?  There are already more lenses than I could ever afford available.  I really like the idea of having a nice compact weather sealed body.  I'd have to step up to a little bigger and more expensive body to get the weather sealing from any other manufacturer.  Pentax also has that underdog kind of feel to me.  I've been reading lots about the k-5, the Nikon d7000, Canon 7d and Sony A77.  Of course the local stores want to sell me the Canon or Nikon but I'm not thrilled about spending over a grand on a 3 year old camera.  I'm pretty familiar with Sony cameras so that almost seems like a no brainer but I'm not thrilled about EVFs.  I've rambled too much already for my first post.  Thanks in advance for any feedback.

srk7900's gear list:srk7900's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony SLT-A77 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony DT 50mm F1.8 SAM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +3 more
Canon EOS 7D Nikon D7000 Pentax K-5 Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow