Moving from Canon 60D to a Sony NEX

Started Oct 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
DoctorJerry
Regular MemberPosts: 396Gear list
Like?
Re: Moving from Canon 60D to a Sony NEX
In reply to Dennis, Oct 4, 2012

I took a much different approach. I had a Nikon D90 with a bunch of lenses. I bought both a NEX 5N and sometime thereafter the NEX 7. I found the 5N more than sufficient and recently sold the NEX 7. I think the new NEX 6 with that new power zoom is my next new camera. I found the IQ to be fantastic, especially when shooting at higher ISO levels on both the 5N and the 7. The only time that I miss (very rarely) my D90 is when I am trying to capture very fast moving subjects. I suspect that the NEX 6 with the introduction of phase detection on the sensor to be positive but a few of the preliminary reports seem to indicate that it is not well implemented which is why I am going to wait a while and see how others find it. You will NOT be disappointed in moving over to the NEX systems. The NEX 6 with a real mode wheel should make that transiiton much smoother and even if the phase detection is not all that well implemented.

DoctorJerry

-- hide signature --

Someone has to tell the emperor that he has no clothes

DoctorJerry's gear list:DoctorJerry's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-W620 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Fujifilm FinePix SL1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow