Sony A99 vs Nikon D600 First high iso comparison

Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
JohnBee
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,935
Like?
Re: Sony A99 vs Nikon D600 First high iso comparison
In reply to winedarksea, Oct 4, 2012

winedarksea wrote:

And I'll predict that the A99 will be tested by DXO to have a "sensitivity" (signal to noise rating; high-iso noise rating) of approximately the same as the D# and 5D Mk III--that is, less than half a stop worse than the #2-rated D600--one of the best ratings ever, while retaining all of the advantages of the SLT. A phenomenally good result. I think that your predictions for dynamic range and color depth are pretty much on the mark.

Speaking of... did you see how horribly the Canon FF sensors do in dynamic range?
I couldn't believe that Mark III kept the same sensor performance as its predecessors which was surpassed by even APS-C in dynamic range performance.

Anyways, I'm not surprised that DxOMark has already measured the A99, though I haven't heard anything from them yet. My gestimations are based on some RAW samples that I've been working with over the past few days. Though I think my numbers will be very close(if not spot-on) with respect to DxOMark's measurements.

Either way, I think the A99 will prove to be one very exciting camera. 
Can't wait to get my hands on one!

PS. here's a bit of a joke someone else posted on a flickr discussion.

http://tomodo.net/images/D800vsA99vsRX1.jpg

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
typoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow