Senior MemberPosts: 2,199Gear list
Like?
Re: Accessorizing the DP2M
In reply to Kriekira, Oct 4, 2012

Kriekira wrote:

Charles2 wrote:

Carl Schofield wrote:

This grip is already available:

http://forum.getdpi.com/forum/commercial-vendor-sales-services/40781-jlm-sigma-grip.html

Carl links to a different, bulkier grip. I much prefer the Franiec style depicted above, but each to his own taste. Franiec has applied his design to an impressive roster of cameras, and I expect a variant for the DP2 Merrill soon.

Horses for courses. The non-Franiec comes with Arca-Swiss compatible tripod plates, and an optional L-bracket. Bulkier, but more functional. In fact, as I understand the pictures, the grip itself is removable: the system consists of three pieces, a mandatory bottom plate with Arca-type grooves, an attachable grip, and an attachable portrait-orientation plate with Arca-type grooves.
--
-- Kirby Krieger.

It is good to see that some of us are trying to fill the voids left at drawing boards at OEM concepts.

It is almost impossible to create perfect accessory. One might wish attachable battery pack incorporated in the grip, other potential user could complain about added bulk and weight of the accessory.

My concept is simple: develop something useful and relatively inexpensive to cover basic requirements for the intended (most needed) handling improvements. Additional utility can be always addressed based on demand as an option, also for the fraction of the cost of the whole "system".

Stay tuned

Cheers

Richard

Richard Franiec's gear list:Richard Franiec's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS M Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow