Would you jump?

Started Oct 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ken Ballweg
New MemberPosts: 12Gear list
Like?
Re: Would you jump?
In reply to Sebastian Beres, Oct 4, 2012

I own the D5Mk3 and a good set of L lenses, and struggled with a similar question when I upgraded from the Canon 60D. Ultimately, I stayed with Canon because it was silly to absorb the cost of replacing my lenses for a few statistical advantages. While feature wars play out like life and death matters in these forums, the truth is that top line cameras from most of the major manufacturers are far closer in terms of the images they are able to produce. Once you invest heavily in one system or the other, unless you are a pro and can offset a lot of the cost through tax write offs, and standard attrition replacement costs it doesn't make sense to give up a good collection of glass for a few features.

The 5D is an ergonomically comfortable camera but several thousand dollars more comfortable?? That's a very personal call based on how much money you can afford for that specific feature.

Ken Ballweg's gear list:Ken Ballweg's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon PowerShot G11 Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 20mm f/2.8 USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow