Canon G9 replacement

Started Oct 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
CBestwick
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
Re: Canon G9 replacement
In reply to natattack, Oct 4, 2012

natattack wrote:

It looks like a very  nice camera, the XZ-1. Olympus cameras render especially nice cobalt blues, and the super macro mode on the xz-1 looks excellent too, as well as the other specifications such as the super fast lens.

After I sold my G9, I tested out a few premium compacts cameras (ex-1, lx3, g10) and a micro 4/3 system. I thought the premium compacts were all excellent and its difficult to pick between them. You really can't go wrong with whichever you choose IMO.  I especially like the handling of the G series so I winded up keeping a G10. If I *had* to upgrade, I would upgrade to a g15.

M 4/3 cameras are really good value & a huge step up in IQ, especially the EPl-1/epl-2 / gf-1. You might consider one of these for the price too.

I have an Oly E-P1 but it's a little too bulky for a pocket camera and I know how much I use the G9 by comparison, simply because it's easier to keep with me. The G series cameras seem to have got much larger over the years and the prices have followed suit. As it is, they're out of my price range anyway.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow