Started Oct 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
momonyc
Regular MemberPosts: 407
Like?
28mm lens thoughts...
Oct 4, 2012

I wish nikon would have given us a 28mm f2.8 afs-g instead of the f1.8 they did give us.

F2.8 is plenty light for me, especially on a d700 where I can go higher iso with impunity.

It would have been a smaller lens. It would have been lighter, at least I think so. The old 28 was like 200 grams. This new 28 is over 300. It would have been less expensive. It's over 600 euros here in France. I think an f2.8 design might have kept it in the 300 euro area. Much more reasonable and replaceable for a take everywhere lens choice.

Better lens design and coatings would have made it stellar. At least I think so...i'm no lens designer.

I've read that the new 28mm has fewer aperture blades than the old af-d 28mm, and that this has a negative effect on image quality. I'm not sure about that...anyone Know?...

Anyway, this is the first time I would have wanted less from Nikon.

kind regards

M

PS...My thoughts are not meant to offend any of you who already have and use and love your new 28mm's...

Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow