Started Oct 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Benna78
Regular MemberPosts: 198
Like?
My brand new X pro 1: impressions and comments
Oct 4, 2012

At last I traded my 5DII for the Xpro1+35 1.4 (soon I'll get the other lenses).

I have been rather busy this week so I couldn't test the camera properly, but I made some shot, upgraded the firmware and customized some settings.

Here are my findings so far:

I'm a bit disappointed by the lack of a diopter correction in the vf (I'm shortsighted) and I'm disappointed by the lack of the 3 channel histogram display.

but

the general performance of the camera (speed and responsiveness) is good, and for me the AF is very ok (ok not super, could be surely improved but not that terrible: I'm 100% ok). It's like shooting with a contax G or a Fuji GA645. If you are not used it's quite a shock compared to a reflex: that's why (probably) most reviewers/users complain: you don't see the effects of a focus change and everything is always in focus in the OVF...and with parallax you have to be careful. The only thing I think Fuji should have done is a better manual focusing: why the by wire system? why not a direct coupling?...but again the manual focusing it's a limit of electronic rf cameras: have you ever tried to manual focus a contax G (totally useless system)?. Focus peaking feature cold be a great bonus.

Image quality seems really great, but I didn't use raw, only jpeg and I shot only under artificial light so it's a bit early to express a judgement.

The only really disappointing thing is related to fuji lens policy: why are the 18 and the 60  software corrected for distortion and CA? Why, given the fuji experience and the optical advantages of a mirrorless design, not designing a good optically corrected lens? It's a shortcut I don't really like.

Cheers.

-- hide signature --

Mr. President, I'm not saying we wouldn't get our hair mussed. But I do say... no more than ten to twenty million killed, tops. Uh... depended on the breaks.

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow