Thom Hogan DX articles and poll

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
GraemeF
Junior MemberPosts: 28Gear list
Like?
Re: Thom Hogan DX articles and poll
In reply to Kerry Pierce, Oct 4, 2012

Kerry Pierce wrote:

Hogan has a poll on DX lenses that I think many of you will find interesting. If you have a DX lens that you want Nikon to make or improve, here's a good chance to participate in a poll that has a much better chance of getting to Nikon than any of the polls/posts here on DPR.

He also has a couple of good DX articles that you might find interesting. One is on the main page and the other is linked from the main page.

http://www.bythom.com/

In years past, Hogan seemed to have a lot of insider info and contacts with Nikon. That doesn't appear to be the case in recent history, which is a shame, for obvious reasons.

For those of you who don't like Hogan, I don't understand why you'd go to his site or reply to this thread. I put his name prominently in the subject line, precisely to warn you folks of the content so you'd not open the thread and be upset.

Kerry

-- hide signature --

my gallery of so-so photos
http://www.pbase.com/kerrypierce/root

Thom's article makes interesting reading. I was beginning to wonder if Nikon is going to kill off high-end DX, given that they've released four new FX bodies this year (D800/D800E/D4/D600) and no serious DX contenders. I sincerely hope not. I have no intention of going back to full-frame. Why would I want to lug around an FX body and Nikon's forthcoming 800mm f/5.6, when I get the same reach and arguably similar image quality from my D7000 and Sigma 500mm f/4.5 in half the weight?

My only frustration with DX is the limited choice of glass at the middle to ultra-wide range, and only one zoom offering at f/2.8. I'm not ready to leave Nikon just yet, but I'm keeping my options open.

GraemeF's gear list:GraemeF's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28mm f/1.8G Sigma 120-300mm F2.8 DG OS HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow