Started Oct 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
christophorosp
Regular MemberPosts: 205Gear list
Like?
D600 or D800/E for Wedding, fashion, portraits etc
Oct 4, 2012

The title really says it all really. Im about to jump ship into the Nikon camp and invest some serious cash for an FX camera body, 3 lenses (14-24, 24-70, 70-200 VR2) and a bunch of lighting equipment (speedlights, wireless triggers, more light modifiers etc).

The thing that has me thinking is mainly the choice of the camera body. Im bouncing back and forth between the D600 and the D800/E.

I absolutely love the features of D800, its number of normal and cross-type points and its sheer resolution (i.e. i can crop down as much as i like). What holds me back is the absolute necessity of the camera, i.e. do i really need the D800 to get the results im looking for? Also, hpw does it perform compared to D600 in the high ISO range?

For the amount of money i will be throwing into this, approx 700-800 euros may not seem so much but it is a considerable amount of money i can invest elsewhere. This is amplified more if i choose to go down the D800E route.

I would love to hear oppinions from D600 and D800 shooters regarding this. Also if someone could comment on the choice between D800 and D800E. I've read too much information on the internet about the D800E and whether it suits my photographic style (fashion, glamour, wedding etc) that got me confused. Im really not sure if it does or does not apply to my case. Others swear by it whereas others say its a big no-no

Please help...

-- hide signature --
 christophorosp's gear list:christophorosp's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G
Nikon D600 Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow