FZ200 - want one? $499 NOW at Amazon/Uniquephoto!!

Started Oct 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
Paul Graber
Regular MemberPosts: 360Gear list
Like?
Re: Questionable Return Polcy
In reply to cmpman1974, Oct 4, 2012

cmpman1974 wrote:

Definitely is a good deal, but their return policy makes me too nervous.  If you go over 200 shots, they can say no return based on their website (or hit you with re-stocking fees).  I'll wait until another supplier with a more generous return policy has a better price.  $500 is a big risk to me.

I know their guidelines aren't that unusual, but they just don't work for me.

This is something that staggers me, here in the UK. US purchasers seem to think it's perfectly ok to buy something use it for a couple of weeks, find that it's working ok, and yet return it for a full refund. What on earth is the retailer then supposed to do with it? Sell it as new, or sell it for vastly less than new to reflect the degree to which it's been used? I don't think this practice exists outside the US, and I do have my doubts about its morality.

Paul Graber's gear list:Paul Graber's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow