New DPR site sucks

Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
expressivecanvas
Contributing MemberPosts: 756Gear list
Like?
Re: New DPR site sucks
In reply to greeman, Oct 4, 2012

It seems to me that this new forum is not ready for public use.  There are far too many little 'quirks' and annoyances to mention here.  Besides, I did not sign on here to be a website proofreader and editor!

What is really driving me crazy though and worth mentioning is the lack of menus at the bottom of pages...  I am using my mouse to scroll down the page...  read more...  scroll more...  and then when I get waaayyyy down to the bottom of the page my only options to get back to the forum is to either find "f" on my keyboard with my other hand, or I need to scroll all the way back up to the top of the page!  This is a serious web design no-no and an indication that this site is in no way ready for the public.  There should be some sort of navigational menus at the bottom of every page.

One other major annoyance came to mind while writing here...   When I expand a post/photos, this new expanded post ghosts all other posts...  I must then shrink the post and then scroll up again to see the next post (I use flat view...  ALWAYS).    This is a poor design as well.

Seeing the new site in its current condition, I just cannot believe anyone tested out this new site before publishing it to the public.  Very unprofessional.  And, forcing everyone here to do the web designer's job of proofreading is lazy and unprofessional...  and frustratingly annoying.

Patrick

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow