1st Wedding Shoot...C&C please :0)

Started Sep 24, 2012 | Discussions thread
Jody Leonard
Regular MemberPosts: 463Gear list
Like?
Re: 1st Wedding Shoot...C&C please :0)
In reply to Port Royal Dad, Oct 4, 2012

This is my first venture into this area of the forums. I am usually in the Nikon FX area. I must say, what a difference in CC! The OP would have been HAMMERED over there. The comments and advice given here were professional, kind, and courteous. How refreshing.

I look forward to posting some of my work here in the near future.

I recently shot my 4th wedding and like the advice given, I read many books on the subject, do my homework such as scouting the venue, prepare notes, practiced with a manequin, and perused countless wedding photo websites. I do not intend to go full-on wedding photog but there are A LOT of couples who can never afford an expensive wedding and are pleased to get a semi-pro or advanced amateur, if it's under a grand, and the work is decent. All my shoots were from referrals from the previous weddings I shot and from examples from my site.

Weddings still scare the hell out of me but once I get there, I get in a zone and have fun while sweating bullets. I also have very good people skills and end up one of their favorite "guests". I think that part of the job is crucial to the overall package.

-- hide signature --

www.jodyleonardimages.zenfolio.com

Jody Leonard's gear list:Jody Leonard's gear list
Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow