Started Oct 4, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
theNeverKings
Regular MemberPosts: 173
Like?
Please enable legacy thread view.
Oct 4, 2012

It's good to see that the designers of the new DPR Forum format have included option to change text colour etc., however, I find that the new view when a thread is opened is very taxing on the eyes, there are too manycompeting elements. In my opinion, the designers of the old layout had it right.

The new layout is also distinctly iPad unfriendly. The cursor does not show when entering text in the text field. I have had a nightmare trying to edit THIS post. The lack of navigation buttons (NEXT, NEXT NEW etc) under the post being read means the user has too scroll back to the top  to go to the next thread. This is an annoyance on long posts.

Please enable an option to revert back to something akin to the old look. I am genuinely finding the new look  uncomfortable to view and, if it continues, will probably visit less frequently and each out other Nikon related fora.  I do not wish to seem petulant, however, my time spent on the DPReview site andforum is meant to be a relaxing and pleasurable experience?

I just noticed some errors in the above copy, however I am unable to edit them without "backspacing" the intervening text!

Cheers.

Peter.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow