New DPR site sucks

Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
scorrpio
Senior MemberPosts: 2,526
Like?
Re: New DPR site sucks
In reply to becasabot, Oct 3, 2012

The new site is horrendous.   Expanded layout is way too expanded.    Compact does not even show who started it.    The text entry window has this microscopic font, and there is no preview now.  But looks like now I have to unclick the 'subscribe' checkbox on every post -   instead of selecting default state for it in settings.

I had all the avatars and sigs off cause I mainly read this site at work so I try to keep it as subdued as possible.   It was a very discreet site if you sized to forum width only, now it has those blasted avatar pictures I can't turn off.    Not to mention the lurid white posts on black background scheme.

If you want to improve things, how about:

More settings options, more color schemes - including a minimal colors option.  More editor options - like font size.

Ability to jump to a specific page direct from thread listing.

Ability to scroll down and see other thread posts when replying.    So you can, for example paste quotes from a number of posts.

Instead, you took a forum that was already a bit cumbersome and turned it into a nightmare.

Check out www.eggxpert.com forums, or www.avsforum.com, or Steam forums, or heck, about ANY forums out there.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow