D4x sighted?

Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
Varuas
Regular MemberPosts: 220Gear list
Like?
Re: D4x sighted? There are better uses for Photoshop.....
In reply to Biological_Viewfinder, Oct 3, 2012

Biological_Viewfinder wrote:

I thought it was interesting that your jaguar won when you can barely see any of the animal clearly except most of its head.

I would have made a much more clear photo and then invented my own bokeh in post.

I really don't understand the love affair with shallow DOF. I personally find that picture extremely distracting. All I do is bounce back and forth from the very clear head to the very blurry body. My brain is trying to make it come into focus, but nothing happens. So frustrating.

Oh well, I guess it got #1 because it's a photographer's contest. If it was a public opinion contest, I don't think it would have. Which is why I think some people have trouble selling thier pictures. They all know what photographers enjoy, but not so much the general public.

I think shooting at wide open apertures is a crutch for lazy photography when the photographer doesn't want to think about the background. I think shooting wide open is just as bad is shooting closed down all the way.

-- hide signature --

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary and those who don't.

I would have thought it would be very hard to get a shallow DOF from a website's product listing page.

Varuas's gear list:Varuas's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow