Started Apr 13, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Greg Henry
Forum MemberPosts: 96
Like?
G3 has CCD leaning problem too ??
Apr 13, 2003

After buying a new G3 on Friday (yesterday), I went out today and took a whole bunch of test shots at the park, around town, etc. Coming home, I noticed that oddly enough, shots that I THOUGHT I took of perfectly straight landscapes seemed to look as though they were sloped, from right to left.

I went out in my yard and took some more tests of straight lines, etc. First hand holding my camera straight in front of me, but then placing it on a tripod with a level bubble and aiming it at very straight objects (bricks, a deck, and fence, etc.). I took the camera out of full wide angle too, to minimize any barrel distortion that might occur.

Sure enough, EVERY image has a right to left slope to it. I'm hoping my html works below because I have one image that is a composite of 3 I took, with the first two being from the bubble level test and the last one less scientifc (hand held) but still being held straight aiming at straight boards.

I came on here to post this and started to read up, first. I found a post from someone who was having this same issue with a Canon S50 he bought, and a slew of people who answered the post with the same problem. Needless to say, this "thing" is going back to the store, and Canon is gonna hear from me about what I guess is a pretty huge quality control issue they have going on there.

Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know about it in case they wanted to check theirs out, too (hoping not to cause a paranoia panic though).

Greg

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow