Started Feb 24, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Kevin Kelly
Regular MemberPosts: 130
Like?
Powerbook Help
Feb 24, 2003

I used macs all through college and seminary before going to work in parishes that all used PCs. I'm ashamed to admit that i, too, was seduced by the dark side. But now, after much reflection and healing, i am on my way back to the light and have looked at the powerbooks. The 17" is just too big to be as easily portable as i want, so i ruled that one out. So i looked at the new 12" and the older 15" models; it seems, though that there are problems with both models. Apparently the 15" keyboard is too close to the screen and tends to mark it, but the 12" lacks a pc slot and some other functionality of the larger model. Help! What to do? Is there an upgraded 15" lurking in the shadows?

I'd really appreciate hearing from folks who have used one or both of these and who can comment on how pleased (or not) they are with their choice. Specifically, if you had to replace yours now, what would you get?

Many thanks for your help on my journey back to wholeness.

Regards,
kevin

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow