My Mac can't keep the date/time... help please!

Started Feb 22, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Marco
Senior MemberPosts: 1,851
Like?
My Mac can't keep the date/time... help please!
Feb 22, 2003

Hi all,

I have a two months old G4 tower 867 MHz DP.

Two weeks ago I've upgraded the Ram from 256 Mb to 768 Mb buying a 512 Mb DDR from crucial.com (by then it runs smooth and fast) and on that occasion I've reinstalled the OS (Os 10.2.4) splitting the HD in two partitions (one of 10 Gb to use only as PS scratch disk).

I've then download the PS 7 demo (30 days trial), but after a week the trial dialog box when opening the program said: trial expired... (?)
I didn't understand why until I've seen the date: 1 gen 1970 (= jan-1-1970).
I've then reset the correct date/time, but obviously PS didn't bother at all...

Photoshop a part, I couldn't understand why the computer didn't keep the date when shut down.
I've changed the little internal battery, though it didn't seem sooo discharged.

The fresh one has kept the date for a day (or so, I've switched it off once), but now every time I switch the Mac on the date returns to the '70...

Ok, for my type of work (this is my PS system only - and some internet surfing - my Win laptop is for business) this is not a great issue (trials a part...), but I'd really like to know if I can solve it.

Any help ?

Thanks in advance

Marco

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow