No Reach but had the time [pic]

Started Feb 17, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
The'(Teh) Tran
Senior MemberPosts: 1,128
Like?
No Reach but had the time [pic]
Feb 17, 2003

I spent 3-4 hours this weekend chasing these little guys. Because the longest reach I have is 200mm, I had to spent a lot of time at the same location. After couple of hours there, these humming birds know that I meant no harm and allowed me to approach closer. I was able to get some shots in. Because the conditions keep changing (clouds moving in and out), I took a few incident meter readings w/ a handheld meter at the location and stuck w/ those settings.

Comments and advices are always appreciated,
The'

A fence is not a usual place for hummingbird shots but I just had to make the best and what offered to me
80-200 at 200mm, f/5.6 and 1/350th

This was after buzzing around for few hours...
200mm, f/5.6 @ 1/180th

-- hide signature --

  • 'To achieve immortality, share your knowledge'

  • 'A day normally starts out 95% good; the other 5% is upto you.'

ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow