Started Feb 17, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hicksjr
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
990 Power Switch Problem
Feb 17, 2003

I have owned several Nikon products over the years and have always been a big fan of the brand. When I converted from 35mm to digital (Dec. 2000) I once again turned to Nikon. I have recorded hundreds of images with the 990 over the last year and a half and really do enjoy the tremendous flexibility of the 990.

However in November of last year the power switch failed and the camera had to be returned for repair. I just got it back today and a $1600.00 investment that was in pristine condition set me back another $339.00 for the repair! 8+ weeks to repair a switch? What the ....

So, my question is this, do I trust that the original power switch has been replaced by a much improved part and it will now last a reasonable amount of time, or do I cut my losses and sell the camera now that it's working, to avoid another very expensive repair a year and a half down the road?

I vaguely remember this issue coming up on the forum shortly after I bought the 990.

Thanks for your time and effort.

Best Regards,

-- hide signature --

Jeff

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow