ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Larry H. Smith
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,270
Like?
What's up with Canon "quality control"?
Feb 15, 2003

(Not a new topic, ...subject line designed to MAYBE get Canon's attention

There are a number of threads (past and present) on this forum, in which dis-satisfied owners of very expensive Canon DSLRs are discussing "do-it-yourself" adjustment of (let's face it)FAULTY cameras, ...primarily re. front/rear focus.

One reason mentioned for the growing DIY interest is repeated failure of Canon service people to get the job done right.

As a waiting -till-the-time-is-right (for ME, ...I only get one chance at this, with my limited retirement income) potential buyer of whatever version of a Canon "pro" DSLR, I am put-off by two considerations:

1. What is going-on with canon quality control, that permits this percentage(whatever it is) of big-bucks SLRs to get out the door with a BASIC performance issue(it's a CAMERA, ...it needs to FOCUS, huh)?

2. What is going-on with Canon "service"-training, that staffs service-centers with people who (despite repeated efforts in some cases) don't seem able to properly make adjustments that some CUSTOMERS report accomplishing quite satisfactorily on their own(given the tech. info)?

I can't be the only person who finds this situation disappointing.

I'm not happy to feel ogliged to think "Canon, ...hmmmn, ...some great cameras/lenses, BUT...!".

Larry

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow