You need PERMISSION to shoot OUR building!

Started Feb 5, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Doug Warner
Senior MemberPosts: 1,125
Like?
You need PERMISSION to shoot OUR building!
Feb 5, 2003

I work in an office bullding for a living. photgraph things for fun.

In our new digs, 9th floor with an excellent view, I started taking long shots from different directions and posting the shots in the facing windows. People can lookm and guess at where they were shot from by looking back out the windows. This series was shot form ten miles away (Kennesaw mountain, GA.)

Today, I asked a building manager if they had any contacts in a tall office tower about 5 miles to the east, so I might gain access to that facility for some more shots from that direction.

The response was "If you're taking photos of OUR building, you need to get PERMISSION.. We need to know exactly what your're going to use them for.. When I explained that I was shooting from public places MILES away, she just spouted the permission line again. I finally realized that I wasn't going to get anything more from this mindless automaton, thanked her, and walked off.

Hmm.. If I take a photo of the Atlanta skyline, I need to get permission from the owners of every property that appears in the photo? NUTS!.

-- hide signature --

It's only a camera, not a religion!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow