Started Feb 4, 2003 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
David  B
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Underexposure Problem
Feb 4, 2003

I have had my D100 for two weeks now and from day one I noticed it was underexposing and had a lack of sharpness. I have loaded the tone curves and that has helped tremendously. I was talking to someone at the store I purchased it at and told them of the problem. They were convinced that something was wrong with the camera and asked me to bring it back in. We then took their display model and we set both cameras back to the original defaults and compared the photos taken by each camera. My camera was underexposing by almost a full stop and the display camera was overexposing by almost a full stop. Now I'm really confused. We did use the same lens on both cameras. Now I'm really confused as to why there is such a significant difference between two identical cameras. Could the calibration from the factory be that far off? He then opened a brand new box, we put the same lens on and took a shot. It looked perfect and the sharpness was now looking really good. He gave me the new camera and sent me on my way but I am really puzzled by these findings.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow