Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
oowtfmang
Regular MemberPosts: 105
Like?
NEX-5N macro help
Oct 3, 2012

I just bought the NEX-5N from Beach for 440 with the kit lens. I hope I got a good price on it. Anyway, I'm going to be using this lens primarily to take pictures of my fish tank. Most shots will be stationary (corals don't move much besides their tentacles, if they have any) using a tripod.

My question is, should I go with a macro lens by Sony or is it advisable to go a different route. I assume that many of my shots will be taken using manual focus so using a lens of a different shouldn't be an issue, correct? I was reading around and it seems as if this camera can use many lenses but gives up the option of auto focus. Is that correct?

If I decide to go a different route, do I have to buy an attachment to make it work? It seems like other brand names will work out of the box but I may be wrong. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

J

Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow