D600 + 24-85mm + 70-300 First experiences…

Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Edmund17
Regular MemberPosts: 290
Like?
D600 + 24-85mm + 70-300 First experiences…
Oct 3, 2012

After a few sleepless nights and hard days (trying to convince my wife there’s nobody else but Nikon :-).. , I purchased the Nikon D600 + 24-85mm Kit at Samy’s Camera and later the Nikon 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED IF AF-S VR at Fry’s (the 28-300 was tempting, but the helpful salesman said that if I didn’t like the 18-300 with the D7K, I would not like the 28-300 with the new D600…)

My first impressions with the D600 + 24-85mm couldn’t be better; it’s an impressive camera that does not overexpose, with a considerably larger screen, much lower noise at high ISO, better color depth and skin tones than my D7K, and it is full frame…

I’m adding here some of my first pictures just to help others here with their decisions; take into consideration these are not dedicated shots. I just got the camera and performed some basic settings but there is a lot to learn about it now. Later I will post this and more info and pictures in my site (also in Spanish for South American friends struggling with similar decision).

If anybody wants to see a shot with different settings, light conditions, etc., let me know, I’ll try to help.

(BTW: I will be selling my D7K in top condition; if anybody is interested let me know)

Ed.

Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow