Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Deleted pending purge
Senior MemberPosts: 1,197Gear list
Like?
Invasion Of The Blind Photographers?
Oct 3, 2012

Challenges like "An Infinite Storm Of Beauty" can't be any broader for individual interpretation. You might say, it was wide open for every image which show some among the endless beauties of our World. And yet, there is hardly any entry left unadorned by 0.5s and 1's!

http://www.dpreview.com/challenges/Challenge.aspx?ID=7310

True, some images are clearly the works of those new in photography and/or post-processing, but these would at least be worth 2-stars, if only for effort and encouragement.

I wonder, for the thousandth time... What kind of characters would wallow so deeply in their vanity to haughtily mark any entry there as "worthless" (since there is none that would be out of place in such a liberal theme)?

It's high time for such to take a good, hard look in the mirror (or in their own gallery, which is about the same), and realise the responsibility of the voting act. This site is supposed to help people, not drive them away "for fun & profit".

There is no profit anywhere here... so how is it that these malicious people can't see how they do irreparable damage to their creative abilities?

Everyone understands the urge to occupy higher places, but while the rising by own power is something to be admired, gaining height by pushing others down is outright deplorable.

I wish DPR would let me see the ID's of "social alpinists". I'd really enjoy blocking their access to my challenges altogether...

-- hide signature --

Fil

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow