Image of dust/oil on my new D600 sensor. Is this acceptable?

Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
RicksAstro
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,206Gear list
Like?
Re: Image of dust/oil on my new D600 sensor. Is this acceptable?
In reply to leicaman, Oct 3, 2012

Like many others have said, just clean it off with a quick wet clean. Takes just a few minutes.

Dust and such can get dislodged in shipping, so even if you have Nikon clean it, more could get on in shipping back and forth.

Yes, it would be great if all new cameras were dust and spot free, but that isn't always the case. And it certainly isn't the case through the life of your camera.

You could either just learn to quickly deal with it and enjoy your camera, or you could get yourself in a send it back cycle of frustration and be without the camera.

I'll use the car analogy...if you bought a new car and there happened to be a block of wood accidentally placed under the accelerator, you could either demand a new car and wait weeks for another and post on a forum that you had a block of wood under your accelerator, or you could simply reach down and remove the block of wood yourself and be on your way.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow