Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ma55l
Contributing MemberPosts: 805
Like?
Re: A change of heart???
In reply to The_Wicker_Man, Oct 3, 2012

The_Wicker_Man wrote:

GuyMcKie wrote:

The D600 is better than the 5DIII and D800, better visible at 25600 iso.

and the number of photographers that regularly shoot at 25600 is what exactly?

i've seen the argument go along the following lines:

a car whose top speed is 190mph is likely to perform better at 80 mph than a car whose top speed is 120 mph. therefore a camera whose 25600 performance is better than that of another camera is lilkely to have the better, say, iso 200 performance. but that argument is nonsense - 25600 (and even much lower speeds, down to say 6400) are not used regularly . so stop using high iso comparisons in an effort to demonstrate how the camera might perform at lower iso's. just concentrate on comparing the 'real-world' iso level output

but i suppose folks will always want some sort of yardstick with which to beat the competition - even if that yardstick is irrelevant to 99% of users
--
i know what i know, which is a fraction of what i don't

Everybody wants quality. People don't use 25,600 because they don't have it or are not used to it or don't like the current images their older cameras produce. But give them good 25600 and everyone will begin using it a lot more. It is not a matter necessarily of taking a photo of a black cat in a coal bin on a moonless night but using much faster shutter speeeds to reduce motion blur. In comparison to iso 1600 vs 25,000 could take the same F stop photo in 1/16 of the time. So instead of using a motion blurring hand held 1/20 second you could shoot at a blistering 1/320 second. What photographer would not want that?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
typoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow