Sony A99 vs Nikon D600 First high iso comparison

Started Sep 27, 2012 | Discussions thread
Ma55l
Contributing MemberPosts: 805
Like?
Re: A change of heart???
In reply to GuyMcKie, Oct 3, 2012

GuyMcKie wrote:

I dont recommend to shoot at 25600 iso. I never needed more than 1600 iso.

But it is a remark to say that the D600 raw is better than the 5DIII and the D800, and
more than 1 stop better than the A900 and not equal to the A900.

All those noise comparisons are useless. It should be better to focus on color, dynamic range and tonality.

And all current cameras have excellent IQ. Pixelpeepers should pay more attention on to their technique.

Shooting at 25,600 is fine for a 5x7 print and it is great to have it and work correctly.

I feel if you use raw you are crazy. It takes so long to process anything and the final result is rarely much better than the jpeg. You can reduce some noise to a better degree but you give up something else - like resolution or saturation and a lot of your free time. The minimnal trade off is not worth it to me. The comparison that I used in the first post is very useful. It is not as good as a lab series but we have nothing else at present as Sony will not permit the sites from placing lab generated images up on the internet. I wonder why? Nikon has no problem with that. The D600 photos have been up for a long time and the camera just became available for sale to the public.

Pixel peeing is when you see pixels. I do not see them in my compariisons. Check the first post here. Looking for superior resolution at full size and noise handling is what I call intelligent and discerning. Anything else represents well not so intelligent. When you spend several thousand dollars on a precision item you want it to match your expectations.

All the cameras that are shown have reasonable IQ yet some are better than others. At 2,000 to 3,000 for each I certainly want to know what I am paying my hard earned money for. I would think you would feel the same.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
typoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow