Shutter Release not working sometimes - Lens Problem - HELP!!

Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ortmanclan
Forum MemberPosts: 86
Like?
Shutter Release not working sometimes - Lens Problem - HELP!!
Oct 3, 2012

Hi Everyone,

I am a professional photographer with a problem that I have never had happen before and I'm hoping you can help me. I have a D300 with a 28-70 lens that is having problems with the shutter release. I have diagnosed it down to the lens as other lenses work fine on my D300 and I have tried the lens on my D200 and D100 and I have the same problem with the lens. Just wanted you to get off to the right start as far as helping me diagnose. By the way, I really appreciate your even reading this and hopefully you will have some insights for me.

The problem...The camera will pre-focus SOME of the time but even if it does focus, when I press the shutter button down the rest of the way, it does not take the picture. On the times when it won't focus, if I turn the manual focus ring on the lens, then pre-focus, it will pre-focus but again, will not take the picture.

Is there anything I can do. I REALLY don't want to have to send it in for repair if there is something I can do. I have already tried to clean the contacts and checked the screws to make sure they weren't loose but besides that, that's all I've done.

Look forward to your insights.

Nikon D100 Nikon D200 Nikon D300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow