Contributing MemberPosts: 805
Like?
Re: Sony A99 vs Nikon D600 First high iso comparison
In reply to The_Wicker_Man, Oct 3, 2012

The_Wicker_Man wrote:

tell you what - go and take a an appropriate crop from the 6400 example here

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1037&message=42586537

(there's plenty of grey in the picture)

and stick it up next to your crop of the d600 (or the a99, doesn't matter much) and tell us what you see
--
i know what i know, which is a fraction of what i don't

There are no appropriate crops as Sony is not releasing images for the labs to publish yet. That and only that is the reason that I put the comparison up rather than lab grade comparative images. I wonder why Sony is waiting and holding back?

For all those that believe that preproduction images will differ with new firmware wake up - they do not change the processing engines functions only other items. They certainly did absolutely nothing for the A77 samples from pre to post production. If you want I can bore you to death with those comparisons.

In the past Sony did change the postproduction processing of noise with the A700. I installed the fix and what I found was that there was some less noise but at the expense of detail. I was unhappy with the trade off. The only way they can fix noise is to reduce detail. So what you are seeinhg with these preproduction images may be the best resolution possible. If they change anything they will lower resolution as those parameters are interchangeable in processing. Unfortunately for me and the A700 there is no way to go back to the prior functioning once the firmware is installed. If you ever decide to go with different firmware take careful pre and post installation pictures just for your own edification.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
typoNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow