ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
oscarvdvelde
Regular MemberPosts: 442Gear list
Like?
6D: interesting observations
Oct 3, 2012

additional 6D thoughts:

• All buttons are moved from the left side. Obviously Canon intended it to have a swivel screen, which would have its hinge there, but decided against it.

• Why is not a touchscreen like on the 650D? Problems with water-resistance? (a colleague of mine twice lost a touchscreen phone after some raindrops fell on it).

• Newly designed 20.2 MP sensor. You wouldn't design a new sensor for equal performance as what you had before. It either is supposed to be an improved design of the 5D III sensor, or they wanted it to be a Hybrid CMOS to work with STM lenses. Time ran out to finish it?!

• Single-axis level only. Architecture photographers with expensive tilt-shift lenses should pay 1200 more for the 5D III with dual-axis level to align the lens horizontally for correcting verticals (and get great AF and speed they don't need). Anyway there are mechanical bubble levels, of course.

• HDR mode doesn't save the raw images. This has got to be the cheapest way of crippling a function, it's just firmware so it saves Canon nothing. Then we might as well go straight to the bracketing function. Couldn't it be implemented as a tweakable "HDR Picture Style" which gives a preview image and groups the corresponding raw files, to be further tweaked in DPP?

oscarvdvelde's gear list:oscarvdvelde's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Sigma 20mm F1.8 EX DG Aspherical RF Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX Canon EF 28mm f/2.8 +1 more
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 650D (EOS Rebel T4i / EOS Kiss X6i) Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow