ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cna
cna
Forum MemberPosts: 60Gear list
Like?
Finally choose a D800 to replace my trusty D300
Oct 3, 2012

After several weeks of thinking I finally choose a D800 to replace my 4 years old D300.

I first thought about buying a D600, but when you are used to a D300 like body, it is very difficult to downgrade to a something smaller in size with less features.

My main fear with the D800 was its enormous resolution, and all that comes with it (file size,...); what finally convinced me to go for a D800 is the 1.2x mode that allows me to keep the resolution around 25 mp without too much sacrifying other D800 features (futhermore, it removes the weakest parts of the lenses) ; I only use the 1x mode when I need to shoot really wide.

So far, my experience with the D800 is wonderful

Colors are really good in terms of fidelity and gradation; DR and high ISO represent a big leap from my previous D300; I also tested AF quite extensively, and it is very fast and precise (faster than my D300); no need to fine tune any of my lenses.

Nikon deserves kudos for this camera.

Cheers
Philippe

Nikon D300 Nikon D600 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow