What Lenses Do I need?

Started Oct 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
ptl-2010
Regular MemberPosts: 274Gear list
Like?
Re: What Lenses Do I need?
In reply to williamliang, Oct 3, 2012

williamliang wrote:

Well currently I don't own any camera's that are SLRs so I was planning to rent a Canon 7D or 60D, due to budget concerns, else wise a full frame such as the 5D Mark III.

Ok lets step back.

What is this class? Why do you need a camera? have you asked the instructor what he/she suggests you use?

We don't know WHY you're taking these photos, so we can't give you a solid answer. You might just need any old P&S and a tripod, or you may need a DSLR with a certain lens. It depends on what the pictures are for.

If you are just capturing images for reference for painting/drawing/whatever, you could use any camera you want, even a phone. If you are learning photography then you need a camera with manual controls, or even better a DSLR. Then again I have no idea what these images are going to be used for, or what this class is about, so I can't say which one you should go for.

I still think you just need to ask the instructor. They will know better than we do since he/she is teaching the course.
--
-Paul

ptl-2010's gear list:ptl-2010's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS II +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow