Question about selling gear and price to ask for it.

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
ffnikclif
Contributing MemberPosts: 865Gear list
Like?
Re: Question about selling gear and price to ask for it.
In reply to Rutgerbus, Oct 3, 2012

Selling the gear yourself is the best way to maximize what you get for it. Ebay works well & will get your gear sold the fastest. Ebay charges about 9% & if you use Paypal, which I strongly reccomend, they get about 3%. This sounds like a lot but it is probably a fair cost for the service. I moved all of my DX gear last spring & it paid for all of the upgrades for my new gear. I already had a D3s & many FX glass, bu8t I was able to add a D800, 85mm f1.4 G, 35mm f1.4 G, Zeiss 21mm f2.8 .2 lens, new flash cards, batteries.

Don't expect to get a lot for cameras but you will do well on your lenses if you have good lenses to sell. I think that is one thing to be said for buying good lenses besides the fact that they take high quaility exposures. They hold their value!

Good luck with your decision & I hope you get top dollar for your gear.

Fred

ffnikclif's gear list:ffnikclif's gear list
Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-20E III Nikon D3S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +15 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow