Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
garyhgaryh
Contributing MemberPosts: 550
Like?
D800/D800e: 10-pin remote terminal issue
Oct 3, 2012

I have owned my D800e less than a week and have about 50 shutter activations.

I have two devices that use the 10-pin remote terminal and I decided to try it out
last night.

I first gently plugged in my wireless remote. No problem - everything works. I pulled

out the connector and I then plugged in my GPS, but it would not mate with the 10-pin remote terminal. I looked at the terminal and it seems to be free floating.

Is the terminal suppose to be free floating or do I have a defective unit?

Obviously, whatever I did "broke it", but it should handle a gentle insert and removal

of the 10 pin connector, no? Please tell me I'm an idiot and that this is the way it's suppose to be and I'm just blowing hot air...

Attached are pictures I took of the terminal before I left for work (yeah, it's blurry,
but you get the idea).

I'm about to go on vacation so there is probably no way I can get this fixed by then. I really want my GPS data for my trip to Yosemite.

The terminal seems to be moveable (as you can see from the picture).

If you down a d800/d800e, you should test this connector out now. I would hate for you guys to insert a connector after the warranty expire and have to pay to have it fixed).

Thanks,
Gary

Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow