Is there firmware fix for E-M5 & Panasonic lens lockup problem?

Started Aug 10, 2012 | Discussions thread
Corkcampbell
Forum ProPosts: 12,553Gear list
Like?
I have almost the same Pany lenses...
In reply to rrr_hhh, Oct 3, 2012

...except for the 7-14 (bought a 9-18 instead), and also have no problem with my OM-Ds. Except for the banding mentioned above (and another issue with the 20 that I can't recall now), I haven't heard of any problems with Pany lenses on OM-Ds, except for some posts here that might have been user errors, contacts problems, comments from those who don't actually own the bodies/lenses in question, etc. I also don't have a problem with my 100-300 on the long end. All of my lenses and bodies - also have GH2 and GF1 - have the latest firmware.

I have no fear of buying more Pany lenses for use with my Oly cameras; in fact, I'm thinking of selling my GH2 and GF1 cameras which would mean that I would be using all of my lenses only on Oly bodies, until I get a GH3; that decision is subject to reviews, of course.

Corkcampbell's gear list:Corkcampbell's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow