my new WB-850 and smart auto mode setup

Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
mathOS
Regular MemberPosts: 211Gear list
Like?
Re: my new WB-850 and smart auto mode setup
In reply to khrobb, Oct 3, 2012

Hi,

Before I got my NX10, I've been using a WB1000 for 18 months and I really enjoyed this little camera. Since your WB850 outperforms (by far) the good old WB1000 in every aspect (sensor, ergonomics, zoom range, features...), I have no doubt that it can be a real joy to use and that it can deliver great pictures (you're not going to print pictures taken at ISO 1600 in A1 size, are you ? :-p).

My opinion is that Smart auto mode isn't the good way to take the most out of this kind of camera. I'd suggest P mode so that you can keep control over focus, flash and exposure compensation for instance.

NB : Since the sensor is tiny, an Aperture priority mode isn't very useful. Sometimes, Shutter priority mode can be nice to play with flowing water or to create pannings.

khrobb wrote:

I have a WB-650 which my w ife stole from me and i've been using a nikon s9100 which I don't care to use so when samsung stepped up and added their great amoled screen to the new WB-850, I couldn't resist and I ordered it, it just feels more substantial than the nikon. I would like to know, since I've been out of touch if the best shooting mode for normal use is the smart auto mode? The more features, the more complications but I love the essence of the samsung cameras, if anyone can offer up a couple of tips for me, I would really appreciate it. I started out on this stie 12 years ago using the olympus c-2000 which would become legendary with it's 10x optical zoom, imagine a 2 megapixel camera that took amazingly good photos of all sizes. The only downside was it's huge profile and I carry my compact camera on my belt at all times, I never use my camera phone, so I'm looking forward to my new 850 and a couple of suggestions on how to set it up, just a point or two would be great , and after all this time I'm still a beginner and a huge fan of an every day carry camera. I did some searches but not to many WB-850 posts so far,
thanks

-- hide signature --
 mathOS's gear list:mathOS's gear list
Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow