Started Oct 3, 2012 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Larry251
Contributing MemberPosts: 577Gear list
Like?
5N or 6 or both or neither? Argh!
Oct 3, 2012

OK, so the deals on the 5n were too tempting and I ordered one with a kit lens. However, I've been looking at the 6 closer and it really has everything I am looking for (except the touch screen) - with the built in flash and EVF. It's about $550 more than the 5n at this point, but if I get an EVF, that reduces the difference to about half of that and if I wait a little bit, the price of the 6 will probably come down a bit after a couple of months.

On the plus side for the 5n, it is smaller than the 6 and even if I get an EVF, it is detachable and I can take it off and use a pancake lens if I want to go small. I currently have a Canon S90 and I have to believe that the 5n would blow it away for low light although it would be larger.

I can (1) keep the 5n when it arrives and be done with it (2) cancel my order and buy the 6 when it comes out; (3) keep the 5n, buy the 6 when it comes out or after I see the reviews and it is out for a bit (hopefully with some price reduction) and then sell the S90 and use the 5n as the pseudo pocket camera/back-up; or (4) Cancel the 5n order and continue to ponder ithe various brands and models indefinitely while still using my current cameras. :-).

The decision, of course, comes down to personal preference, but this forum is always good for various opinions and perspectives, so I would be grateful to hear everyone's thoughts on the matter.

Thanks.

Larry251's gear list:Larry251's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS +3 more
Canon PowerShot S90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow