Opteka Fish-eye Lens help

Started Oct 1, 2012 | Discussions thread
falconsusi
Contributing MemberPosts: 557Gear list
Like?
Re: Opteka Fish-eye Lens help
In reply to specialkay, Oct 3, 2012

Hi. This is the one I have that I love to use with my Sony 18-250 lens. For around a $50 investment (including buying a step down ring) I have a fisheye that gets more use than my Sigma 10mm fisheye.

http://www.amazon.com/Zeikos-ZE-1858F-definition-attachment-Warranty/dp/B001XW67LU

It gives a full circular fisheye at 18mm. The photos are amazingly sharp. And it is really fun. I use a step down ring to attach it to the end of the lens. The lens is prone to flare so just use it creatively and also you will have photos with the lens barrel showing that I usually just photoshop out. I'll add examples.

I found in my research that the 0.18x was MUCH more fisheye than the 0.35x. The 0.35x would not give enough fisheye effect. This 0.18x is fishy! Most important is that if you want full circular effect (with the black all around the circle) you need a lens that is maximum of 18mm. Above 18mm the circular effect starts to be a cropped circle like the photo 1( I think this is the one) of the site you referenced.

skin softening in photoshop and a few other things.

to show barrel and flare

-- hide signature --
 falconsusi's gear list:falconsusi's gear list
Sony a77 II
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow