Melville Service Center

Started Sep 29, 2012 | Discussions thread
JimFromDenmark
Forum MemberPosts: 85Gear list
Like?
Re: Any new repairs to report?
In reply to ne beginner, Oct 3, 2012

My D800 was stranded in Stockholm, Sweden for 6 weeks. I fought Nikon for a replacement camera, which I finally succeeded in. Although there is no one in stock at the moment, I decided to wait.

Just today the servicecenter called me, my camera has returned(from the dead). Stockholm had been waiting for weeks, for new calibration equipment from Japan. And the Left AF error, should now be fixed.

I made an agreement with them, that I could test the repaired D800, until the new one arrived. The I can choose for my self at that time. Can't wait to test it out.

I also talked to an employee in the servicecenter, who told me that Nikon would not recall any D800's, but merely make sure that selected servicecenters could properly fix the AF issue, for customers complaining. He also reported, that newly manufactured units, should be free of the AF issue.

Therefore I'm not really sure if I want to keep the old repaired one(if it works properly), or accept the new replacement.

Just some info I guess.

Jim
--
Best regards
Jim

JimFromDenmark's gear list:JimFromDenmark's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon D3200 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow