How many Owners of D800 would sell and buy a D4?

Started Oct 2, 2012 | Discussions thread
olyflyer
Forum ProPosts: 23,335
Like?
Re: How many Owners of D800 would sell and buy a D4?
In reply to larrywilson, Oct 3, 2012

larrywilson wrote:

Once again I hear too heavy?????

Yes, you hear it right. It is 340g heavier than the D800 and it also uses a larger and heavier battery. 340g is 34% more than 1000g, which is the weight of the D800 with battery. 34% is a lot... but we are all individuals.

To me the d4 may be a little heavier, but the larger camera is easier for me to handle, more comfortable in my hands for extended use.

I speak for myself and out of my needs. For me the D4 is too heavy and I don't need it. I would not buy a camera which I would not be ready to carry around all day for several days in a row. I do a lot of travelling and a lot of walking, both in cities and also hiking in mountainous terrain and I feel that the D800 + lenses is really the limit of what I am prepared to carry on those trips. Never the less, your needs, your age, body and physical conditions may be different and for all I know, you might find the D800 too light and small and that's fine. I find that cameras with built in or external grips are big, heavy, awkward looking, uncomfortable and totally unnecessary. I am fine with hand holding the D800 with long lenses and feel comfortable with the handling as well.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow